+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: RIDING OBSERVER FOR LORI DUNSMORE & KURT SCHOEN training for the Catalina ski race

1. Default

so lori's back from 6 days down under getting her 1 year old grand daughter & pregnant again daughter lauren here for visiting with friends, lauren can't wait for the Catalina race in a few weeks to see old friends, lori on the other hand is dyeing to ski it with De, she sat on the beach 2 years ago & teared up missing that race for the fist time, Billy drove Herbst's boat, swearing that was his final drive. last year they weren't even in the state when it ran, and this year Billy's driving herbst's boat again, Lori's already talked to her old driver, I give it a 70/30 she ski's it. also here's some pic's from the 4th.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0074 (2).jpg
Views:	18
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	17256 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0035 (2).jpg
Views:	13
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	17255 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0008 (2).jpg
Views:	11
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	17254 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0001 (2).jpg
Views:	14
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	17253 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0102 (2).jpg
Views:	15
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	17257

Way cool..

3. Default

DAMMM!!! that dunsmore girl is tuff!!!, she's still not sure if her & de are skiing the Catalina race, but no matter she's training like she's going too. yesterday same scenario, she shows up at the launch ramp just as the sun's coming up, we idle out to the bouys, into the water the two of them go. there was just enough wind coming up the Colorado gorge to make it bumpy, so we went to the wall and headed up the lake to the narrows (about 16 miles) it got nice after a few miles with overcast making it nice for wayne & I, coming back we were headed back to the wall (hemingway wall is huge about 4 miles long, ending at the marina) when lori started pointing for us to strait line it to the ramp, we didn't at first because it was only a little out off the way to get to the smooth suff, but she meant it, she was a little off of her normal over the top bubbly self, and after I found out why, the day before riding her bike up a hill (that's the fun part for her) a bunny ran out in front of her, causing her to do the laugh in tip over,Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0038 (2).jpg
Views:	15
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	17259 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0092 (2).jpg
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	17260 being "clipped in" she couldn't get her foot down! she had a HUGH raspberry on her hip where the wrap up line sat & a golf ball size fluid sack on her elbow! I think I would of passed training that day! I went with Hallett laurie the other morning, it was too early for tori to make it, seems her water ski racing career is pretty much over but she just won state in gymnastics & will be competing in the reno nationals! Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0341 (2).jpg
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	17258
    Last edited by cakeeater ed; 07-14-2018 at 07:13 PM.

4. Default

So we are back at it again this morning, thought the late start time was odd(6:15), turns out it's becky & the kids with her! you know it's going to be a long morning when you got that many skiers! the wind was up coming up the Colorado enough that lori even did the unthinkable & cruised over to the wall sans skiers! becky & logan skied a few passes before ryder & lori headed up to the narrows, it was one of those mornings that the wind bent around & followed us up almost all the way to beacon island. Sure was nice past beacon, becky got to mess up all that nice water by herself, lori & logan braved it back to the wall where ryder finished riding everything in lori's boat with a ride on the paline, logan rode the barefoot ski & like others, say's it's really fun!Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	17261 Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	17262 Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	17263 Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	17264 Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	17265 Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	17266 Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	17271 Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	17270 Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	17269 Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	17268 Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	17267 Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	17272
    Last edited by cakeeater ed; 07-17-2018 at 02:50 AM.

Cool pics, looks like they were having a blast.

Cakeeater,
    You guys here at Long Beach ?
    Not seeing the name on the 2018 CSR ENTRIES.

Water is awesome out here today. Going to be a great race
    Last edited by dryhoze1; 07-25-2018 at 12:34 AM.

7. Default

I thought it was paint burning, after all Billy just fixed the leaking riser gasket, and I assumed he did some touch up painting, but he did tell Lori to look in the engine compartment occasionally, so when we heard the mysterious thumping noise we thought we had better look. I had already asked Lori if the temp was ok, she said "yep, 150" the thumping noise was when the eng was off, easy to find, the ex flapper was making it, had her start it and both risers cooled off in a few seconds, I knew something was up, maybe an old piece of impeller found it's way into that riser, but all we were doing was pulling the kids on a ski trainer just above idle, we ended up in vegas wash about 7 miles from the ramp and Lori wanted to ski home, as soon as we turned the corner, the 3 o'clock blow was on and we were headed straight into it. oh yea this was sunday afternoon, boats everywhere! about half way home the gauge hit 190, I motioned to lori the ride was over, and got out of the throttle just as the alarm went off. only took a little while for the temp to come down, and back to the ramp we went. haven't talked to her yet to see if billy's found anything, but that eng has over 1,300 hours & he's got a brand new he's been wanting to put in it, maybe it's time.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0119 (2).jpg
Views:	6
ID:	17282 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0051.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	17283 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0036.jpg
Views:	4
ID:	17284 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0056.jpg
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	17285 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0086.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	17286 Click image for larger version

Name:	159.jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	17287

How’d the Catalina race go ?

well did she ski it.......................
    FUGITIVE RECOVER,BODY GUARD,SURVEILLANCE,SKIP TRACE,CHEATING SPOUCE........CALL MOUZER

10. Default

oh yea, sorry about that, nope she didn't ski it, but both of them should of skied womens open, only entry was the aussie that won it, and she CRUZED @ 1 1/2 hour. there were only 4 girls in the whole race. next year Tori will be big enough to ski it competitively, I'll get Lori to start bugging her about skiing it, just to keep them aussie's honest. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0291 (2).jpg
Views:	5
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	17289

+ Reply to Thread